Holland & Holland Limited
What is a privacy notice for Job Candidates?
Holland & Holland Limited (the “Company”) wants to ensure you understand our processing of your personal data with regard to your Job Search, and additionally we are required by data protection regulations in the UK and Ireland to explain certain matters to you in a timely and informative manner. This notice sets out that information.
What personal data will be processed?
In the application, interview and consideration process with the Company, it is routine for us to collect, process and store personal information about you. Although not an exhaustive list, this will include things such as: your name, date of birth, address, CV, qualifications and training records, education, employment history, meeting notes and public documents on your identity to name a few.
Why will processing take place?
The Company collects and processes your data so that Company managers, search firms and Human Resources can perform their recruitment functions for the Company and evaluate your candidacy for the role or job opening under consideration.
This can include:
- Advertising the roles we’ve got on offer and collecting the CV’s of candidates who come to our attention via Search firms, advertising and word of mouth;
- Contacting and corresponding with candidates either directly or via search firms
- Meeting with Candidates and communication with key Company personnel
- Health and safety regulations or security measures such as guest building pass and fire code
- Ensuring compliance with our rules for example:
we monitor CCTV records to ensure compliance with our policies regarding theft, health and safety, and harassment
we may monitor use of our IT systems, including email, internet and intranet, Company mobile and landline phones, computers and tablets to gather evidence in respect of any allegations of wrongdoing
We are legally required to only process your personal data for certain permitted purposes, and can confirm that we only carry out processing for:
- The Company’s legitimate business interests, i.e. in the furtherance of:
recruitment and succession planning
organisation and distribution of work
promoting equality and diversity in the workplace
ensuring health and safety in the workplace
protection of Company property and that belonging to third parties
maintaining a well-managed and orderly workforce and business
- Occupational health purposes,
- Exercise our rights and obligations, both at law and in relation to any offers of employment or communications with candidates;
- Administer an employment contract, should an offer be forthcoming
If we need to process your data in ways that are not reasonably aligned with these reasons for processing, we will provide you with updated notification (or seek your express consent if that is necessary). We are guided by the principle that you should not be surprised by any processing that we undertake.
Who else might data be shared with?
We share Candidate personal data with third parties from time to time, including regulatory authorities, law enforcement (in respect of our firearms licence), our group companies and our group’s service providers (such as our search firms, legal advisers, and suppliers who support our management and data storage systems).
During the course of our relationship, personal data may be obtained from you or from a third party source. Examples of this would be
- where we are provided with employment references, or receive an occupational health report about you.
- In other cases not currently anticipated, we will notify you of where the data came from unless you are already aware of this information.
Transfer of Personal Data outside of UK, Ireland and Europe
The Company is part of a global organisation and to ensure the provision of effective and efficient services and communication throughout its group, we are required to transfer your data internationally.
Your personal data may be stored and processed outside of Europe, in countries that may have different data protection rules to our own. However, the Company will ensure that the transfer of your personal data outside of Europe will only occur where the appropriate safeguards have been put in place, for example by using corporate rules that are binding between different parts of our group or Model Clauses approved by the European Commission.
How long will your data be retained?
Your personal data will only be kept as long as is reasonably necessary. We will not retain CV’s or associated candidate materials for candidates who are not offered employment and personal data will be deleted from our system within three months after the role has been closed or offered to a candidate.
With regard to other documents, retention will vary between different types of data, and we take into account any continued need to process the data, and also our legal obligations relating to tax, health and safety, employment and potential or actual disputes or investigations relating to those matters.
What are your rights in relation to your personal data?
You have certain rights in relation to the personal data that we process about you:
- You can request to access your personal data in the form of a Data Subject Access Request and if you wish to do this you should contact the Company’s HR Department (see below)
- Subject to certain limitations (normally where there is a continuing requirement for us to process the data), you can object to the processing of your personal data, or you can request that it be erased.
- Where we hold data that is inaccurate, you can ask us to complete or rectify this.
- We take our obligations seriously and we ask that any concerns are first brought to our attention, so that we can try to resolve them.
- Finally, you are able to submit a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to our processing of your personal data.
To use the rights set out above or If you have any questions or concerns about any information in this privacy notice, you should contact our representative on data privacy issues, namely David Therin (david.therin@holland&Holland.co.uk) or Lisa Merridan, Head of HR (lisa.merridan@holland&holland.co.uk).